Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Paints



I think the people who provide the paints are fantastic.  Some are artists themselves like Sonja who shares her colours at a great price, or RF encaustics that is in the business of manufacturing some very fine paints.

Here's a close up of what I get from Sonja - various sizes, great colours. 


Currently Sonja is offering free shipping which is always a bonus.  She also sends little teaser tester disk colours with your order for no charge.  (check out that little dark grey green squarish disk)  I have to admit this has enticed me more than once to make yet another purchase.  The specialty colours here are fantastic. 

I've just recieved new paints from The Bees Knees.  These cute little hives pack a big punch of pigment.  They're from Canada and I must say the shipping was fantastic.  All 16 (3 were free) were in a well cushioned mailer envelope - no packing peanuts!


My staple, classic RF small bars:


These are highly pigmented meaning you can to dilute down with lots and lots of medium and still get fantastic colour.

Same with Evans Encaustics - these are luscious!  Right now I'm loving the Naples Yellow.  These bars are like 1/2 a popsicle


I also use some Enkaustikos paints - really small disks in comparison to the others  


 But, still every manufacturer has their own distinct colours and isn't that what it's all about in the end?  Colour?